Monday 6 December 2010

I am back

I am so back. Back to the Gym. I know not this is no epic event in the history of human kind but it's a big deal for me. And luckily, this blog is about me so I get to go on about the awesomeness of being back. It is so many things that make going to the gym one of the best thing anyone, particularly an almost thirty woman that just had her first baby, can do for herself. Before I even get into the amateur assessment of all the physiological benefits, let's not forget the gift of time that going to gym gives us. I don't mean that if you exercise you live longer, I mean the precious one hour alone, sometimes even an hour an a half depending on how far you havwe to drive to get to the gym. Oh what a treat that is. Not that I don't love my family, I do, of course. But it is amazing how much more I love them after minimum of an hour away from them! Now, the second best thing which is huge for me is the enormous  and immediate relief from equally enormous feeling of guilt I have felt every single day for the last year that I did not go to the gym. Except for those two weeks I had a free pass. Guilt is an ugly destructive feeling that robs you of all and any dignity and self worth and if doing 12 counts of the frog stand full body lifts makes it go away so be it.
Then, of course there is an amazing feeling of the burn all over your but and shoulders and legs and other areas where you forgot you did have muscles. The more it burns, the hotter I feel. That's a law. I feel healthy, I feel alive and even a little skinnier than earlier today. It's a good thing to do for yourself and no one else; it's a commitment to love and take care of your body and that is the only way it's going to work. Take care of yourself for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. well you look great for almost 30. Maybe you will inspire me to work out or at least run again.

    ReplyDelete